Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sharing Is Caring


I've been dreaming about getting away from home just about my entire life. Not for any specific reasons, but just because I wanted to explore the real world, and be out on my own for once. Obviously, that get away, would be college.


Here I am, 18 years down the line and what do you know? I’M FINALLY IN COLLEGE. This is the moment I have been waiting for my entire life: Parties, hotties with the bodies, and of course, MORE parties! Because, I mean, everyone loves college right?


What do I get instead? No friends, a room that is in comparison to a prison cell, no Wi-Fi, and PLENTY of time on my hands.

Here’s something I didn’t think of though, staying in my dorm all day, BUT, having to share a bathroom with three other human beings. I have never appreciated anything more in my life, than growing up in a household with three bathrooms. It is such a sin to have to wait an hour, yes, an HOUR, to use the bathroom. I was lying in bed watching Friday Night Lights, and had the sudden urge to use the bathroom.


So I get up to hear noise coming from inside the bathroom.
With such tragedy to my bladder, I realized my suit mates and some friends were getting dressed/ready to go out. Now, EVERYONE knows how long it takes for any girl to get dressed, especially when they are heading out for the night.


Here I am, standing on the other side of the door, doing my little potty dance, bouncing from side to side, furiously texting my best friend how bad I had to use the bathroom. She kept encouraging me to knock on the door and let them know, but I didn’t want to seem rude. When I finally heard the first sign of silence, I hastily bolted through that door. Moral of the story, I never in my life, waited an hour just to use the bathroom.


One thing I do love about my college experience thus
far, is the beautiful scenery. I love seeing the little beavers crawling around campus. With fall approaching, the campus will soon be colorful with the dying leaves, and will leave a harmonious tone to the scenery.


So I guess the next time I find myself waiting an hour for the bathroom, I can just step outside and pass the time by enjoying the view.

-Rosie G.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment