Friday, September 18, 2015

Parking

So far college has been a great experience. I've met a lot of people and everyone is very nice except when it's time to find parking on campus. Without even having to say much I know most of you already know what I mean by that. It is literally the worst part of my day by far.  Before starting college I heard about how difficult it would be to find a spot but never took it serious until my first day.

On my first day of school I got there 10 minutes before class started. I thought I was going to be able to find parking somewhere in lot 5 since it was the biggest one, but I was completely wrong. Not only was there no parking there but there were no spots in lot 4 too. By this point I was already 15 minutes late and just decided to park my car at lot 6, which was one of the worst mistakes ever. On the first day I decided, for some reason, to wear sweat pants and a black t-shirt which made it even hotter for me.  By the time I reached the class I was 25 minutes late, but what confused me was that there was no one in class except for one other person arriving at the same time as me. We were waiting in class for another 10 minutes until I checked my email and realized class was cancelled.

The next day was the same situation but worse because I had to come in even earlier. Again I circled the parking lots 50 times looking for a spot.  I must either be really bad at finding a spot with someone leaving or people just like messing with me and giving the spot to the person behind me because it happened more then 5 times that day.  In the end I ended up parking in lot 6 once again and of course I had to walk that long path just to get to class. 

Days after that I would repeat the same process, sometimes wondering how happy people must get when they find such a good spot right next to campus. Soon enough I was tired of parking so far so I decided to start using the garage. It's a nice feeling knowing that I'm so close to my classes and don't have to walk so far except until I come back and have to pay for it. I continued to use the garage because of my broken hand which made it a bit more difficult to even drive.

Now that I don't have a cast anymore it's a lot easier to find a spot, I guess I just had to get used to it.  Now thankfully I'm one of those people with a big smile on their face because they found such an amazing parking spot.  It's an even better feeling walking through the lot toward class and having people ask you if I'm leaving so they can take my spot.  I just tell them no and remember how it used to be me always going around the lots like that.  For those of you reading this who still experience that just use the garage.



-Junior V

No comments:

Post a Comment